1. The Only Daughter (Remixed by Ryoji Ikeda)
2. Blemish (Remixed by Burnt Friedman)
3. The Heart Knows Better (Remixed by Sweet Billy Pilgrim)
4. A Fire in the Forest (Remixed by Readymade FC)
5. The Good Son (Remixed by Yoshihiro Hanno)
6. Late Night Shopping (Remixed by Burnt Friedman)
7. How Little We Need to be Happy (Remixed by Tatsuhiko Asano)
8. The Only Daughter (Remixed by Jan Bang and Erik Honoré)
9. Blemish (Remixed by Akira Rabelais)
A set of personally commissioned remixes of the material from Sylvian's acclaimed 2003 album Blemish. It includes his first collaboration with Burnt Friedman who went on to become a member of the group Nine Horses.
Remixers, including Ryoji Ikeda, Jan Bang and Eric Honoré, Akira Rabelais, and Readymade FC, transform the gorgeously minimal songs of Blemish into everything from classical chamber music, to mutant ambient electronica, to jazz inflected pop.
"Contrary to critical expectation, the remix with its structuralist undertow has arguably reaped relatively meager dividends. This collection proves to be a rare exception. Sylvian’s vocals are preserved but set within beautifully filigreed settings, like a rare gem set by expert silversmiths." Signal to Noise
Click packshot to enlarge
Track 1. The Only Daughter (Remixed By Ryoji Ikeda)